Apr 23, 2008, 7:52 AM EDT
In today’s installment of Fans Behaving Badly, we bring you the Washington Capitals’ faithful, who last night put a black eye on an otherwise great series by raining trash onto the ice after the game. While the Flyers were celebrating, Joffrey Lupul was hit by a small pizza box, and during an interview with Steve Coates, Jeff Carter was hit with a plastic beer bottle.
Now, Caps fans aren’t alone in their transgressions, not by any stretch
of the imagination. Phillies fans did the same thing after the second
game of the season, Flyers fans dumped beer on the Caps owner Ted Leonsis’s son, and we all know what happens when the Mets fans are
let out of their cages. But can the national media please stop perpetuating the stereotype that Philadelphia fans are classless, when clearly this stuff is happening everywhere?
Video of Carter getting a bottle to the head, and responding appropriately, after the jump.
Takes a real man to throw something at a guy with his back turned to him. It’s a shame, because the Caps fans had taken the opportunity in this series to announce their presence to the league, filling the seats with red bodies, a trend we honestly hope continues from the start of the season next year, not just the end. The Caps are an exciting team led by the best player in the world, and an energized DC fanbase will be great for the league.
Here’s a clip of the ice surface after the game, with some choice language audible.
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
|kirk on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return