Apr 23, 2008, 7:52 AM EST
In today’s installment of Fans Behaving Badly, we bring you the Washington Capitals’ faithful, who last night put a black eye on an otherwise great series by raining trash onto the ice after the game. While the Flyers were celebrating, Joffrey Lupul was hit by a small pizza box, and during an interview with Steve Coates, Jeff Carter was hit with a plastic beer bottle.
Now, Caps fans aren’t alone in their transgressions, not by any stretch
of the imagination. Phillies fans did the same thing after the second
game of the season, Flyers fans dumped beer on the Caps owner Ted Leonsis’s son, and we all know what happens when the Mets fans are
let out of their cages. But can the national media please stop perpetuating the stereotype that Philadelphia fans are classless, when clearly this stuff is happening everywhere?
Video of Carter getting a bottle to the head, and responding appropriately, after the jump.
Takes a real man to throw something at a guy with his back turned to him. It’s a shame, because the Caps fans had taken the opportunity in this series to announce their presence to the league, filling the seats with red bodies, a trend we honestly hope continues from the start of the season next year, not just the end. The Caps are an exciting team led by the best player in the world, and an energized DC fanbase will be great for the league.
Here’s a clip of the ice surface after the game, with some choice language audible.
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages