Aug 22, 2008, 6:02 PM EDT
It’s been just eight days since the Dodgers completed their four-game sweep of the Phils., part of a brutal 2-5 west coast swing that knocked the team out of first place. While it’s good to be home, L.A. hasn’t made it any easier since the last meeting.
On the hill tonight for the Dodgers is Greg Maddux (6-9, 3.99 ERA), who looks to steal Manny’s thunder as the biggest addition to a ball club that is getting hot at exactly the right time. Coincidentally, Maddux’s last start with the Padres came one week ago against the Phillies, allowing just one run over 7 innings. We managed an amazing 1-0 victory in that contest.
Going for Philadelphia is Kyle Kendrick (10-7, 5.01), who is coming off a pair of disappointing starts where he failed to get out of the fourth inning. The Phils are slowly losing ground to the Mets, now 2.5 games back, so it’s important for Kendrick to keep the game close while the offense continues to search for its groove.
First pitch at 7:05. Kickoff at 7:30. Go teams.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return