Jun 9, 2009, 3:56 AM EDT
In a piece in today's Inquirer, Ashley Fox takes the typical mainstream media approach to Twitter and goes well over the 140 character limit. In addition to Phillies reliever Chad Durbin, Fox points out that the only other known Philly athlete on Twitter is Eagles rookie Macho Harris. All the rest are fakes.
Apparently, a strong pass rush is not the only concern of the Eagles this off season.
said Butch Buchanico, the Eagles' director of team security.
"Blackberries, e-mail, texting, MySpace, your space. Years ago you had
to leave your house to get in trouble. Now, you don't even have to
leave your room."
Just ask Hank Baskett about that one.
Watch out for those dangerous new Macbooks, they're vertical measurements can give opposing PCs fits.
The saddest news to come out of the Inqy piece? Chad notes that he doesn't think you'll see teammate Jimmy Rollins tweeting anytime soon.
You can follow The700Level on Twitter.
>>A case of athletes tweets [Inquirer]
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money