Jun 30, 2008, 3:02 AM EST
Sir Charles was a guest on NBC10′s Sports Final last night alongside John Clark and WIP’s Anthony Gargano talking Sixers, Phillies, Eagles and more. The entire portion of the show Sir Charles was on was typical Barkley. The man is an entertainer and knows his stuff.
When it comes to the Sixers, Charles thinks Andre Iguodala’s true colors came through in the playoffs where he didn’t perform very well against legit competition. Aside from not being real high on Iguodala, Chuck isn’t in love with Josh Smith either. "Josh Smith doesn’t make them a legit contender," he says. Video below.
When asked what he would like the Sixers to do with the money, Sir
Charles says patience is the key. He’d prefer they save their cash until they develop into more of a contender and then bring in a player who can put you over the top. "If you give Josh Smith $11 million
dollars does that make you a legit contender," Charles asks.
Clearly Barkley doesn’t think so.
continues giving jabs at the current roster, "The Sixers are corning the market on guys that can’t shoot.
They need some shooters."
"If you played a zone against the Sixers, they’d probably score 60 points."
When the focus of the conversation turns to the Phils and the struggles of Ryan Howard and Chase Utley, Charles points out that Philly is always tougher on black guys. He also calls the Phillies franchise cheaper than Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods. Are the world’s dominant and formerly most dominant athletes not taking Chuck out to enough dinners at The Palm?
The segment closes with Charles talking about Donovan McNabb and the Eagles and finishes with a little Howard Eskin bashing. Gotta love Sir Charles ripping on the Burger King.
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Cuban on We’re comparing Michael…|
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages