Jun 20, 2006, 12:46 PM EST
In case you were wondering what Sir Charles thought about Gnarls:
CHARLES BARKLEY says he’s "flattered and honored" to be the namesake of Gnarls Barkley, the hip-hop/rock duo comprising Danger Mouseand Cee-Lo.
The Round Mound of Rebound says he has their CD "St. Elsewhere," and "it’s pretty good, an interesting mix of rock and rap."
"I’m excited for all their success," Barkley told us yesterday.
Gnarls, who blend hip-hop, rock, funk and soul, and who performed
their hit "Crazy" while dressed as "Star Wars" characters at the recent
MTV Movie Awards, are getting serious, and well-deserved, acclaim for
"St. Elsewhere," their debut CD.
Despite the obvious homage to Barkley in the band’s name, a Chuck Klosterman story in Sunday’s New York Times Magazine says the duo just thought the name sounded cool (which it certainly does) and aren’t necessarily huge basketball fans.
|cicilyqyo412 on Is Nate Allen good now, part o…|
|cicilyqyo412 on Drexel beats Villanova in huuu…|
|cicilyqyo412 on Erik Kratz traded for Brad Lin…|
|cicilyqyo412 on Things that happened during la…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages