Jun 20, 2006, 12:46 PM EDT
In case you were wondering what Sir Charles thought about Gnarls:
CHARLES BARKLEY says he’s "flattered and honored" to be the namesake of Gnarls Barkley, the hip-hop/rock duo comprising Danger Mouseand Cee-Lo.
The Round Mound of Rebound says he has their CD "St. Elsewhere," and "it’s pretty good, an interesting mix of rock and rap."
"I’m excited for all their success," Barkley told us yesterday.
Gnarls, who blend hip-hop, rock, funk and soul, and who performed
their hit "Crazy" while dressed as "Star Wars" characters at the recent
MTV Movie Awards, are getting serious, and well-deserved, acclaim for
"St. Elsewhere," their debut CD.
Despite the obvious homage to Barkley in the band’s name, a Chuck Klosterman story in Sunday’s New York Times Magazine says the duo just thought the name sounded cool (which it certainly does) and aren’t necessarily huge basketball fans.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money