Apr 30, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
With the news that Phils reliever Ryan Madson broke his toe by kicking a chair in San Francisco and will miss at least 15-days, Charlie Manuel shared his tale of taking out frustrations simultaneously on his foot and a wall.
"I broke my toe kicking a wall, yes. Wasn't in the Big Leagues though. I learned quicker than he did, I guess. Kicked a wall in Double-A, Charlotte. Broke my big toe."
When asked how long he was out after his incident, Charlie said he only missed "one or two days."
What got him so worked up down in AA ball? "Striking out, making outs. Guys throwing curveballs and changeups."
You'd think breaking your big toe by kicking a wall would teach you a lesson. So did Charlie ever do it again?
"You know what, I probably have," he said. "I know exactly how Ryan feels."
Ryan Madson had his foot in the ice tub while Charlie was talking, so we can assume he's not feeling very good right now.
Note: image above is neither Charlie nor Ryan's big toe.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money