Apr 30, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
With the news that Phils reliever Ryan Madson broke his toe by kicking a chair in San Francisco and will miss at least 15-days, Charlie Manuel shared his tale of taking out frustrations simultaneously on his foot and a wall.
"I broke my toe kicking a wall, yes. Wasn't in the Big Leagues though. I learned quicker than he did, I guess. Kicked a wall in Double-A, Charlotte. Broke my big toe."
When asked how long he was out after his incident, Charlie said he only missed "one or two days."
What got him so worked up down in AA ball? "Striking out, making outs. Guys throwing curveballs and changeups."
You'd think breaking your big toe by kicking a wall would teach you a lesson. So did Charlie ever do it again?
"You know what, I probably have," he said. "I know exactly how Ryan feels."
Ryan Madson had his foot in the ice tub while Charlie was talking, so we can assume he's not feeling very good right now.
Note: image above is neither Charlie nor Ryan's big toe.
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|dawkisgod on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages