Mar 5, 2008, 7:02 AM EST
I’m not going to lie, I don’t know if this is a play off of All My Children or One Life to Live. Or, in fact, if those are actually the names of real soap operas. Anyway, ESPN’s new Fantasy Baseball promos feature a play off of some soap opera. Perhaps Clare or some other lady can translate these into manspeak?
For all the ESPN hating in the blogosphere, their promos are usually top notch. These? I’m not so sure. But hey, anything that features our fearless second baseman has to be decent. It’s too bad they couldn’t come up with some sick and twisted plot scheme involving Anna Benson and the entire Mets roster.
"Second to none at second base, special guest star Chase Utley joins the cast as the waiter on the season opener, "Caught Cheatin’." In this episode, Grant disguises himself as Chase so he can catch his wife and best friend Lance canoodling in a Mock Draft Lobby. Look for Grant’s alter ego, Chase, to appear in upcoming episodes."
So there will be more Chase!
ESPN this week will break a campaign, "One Season.
Endless Drama," via Arnold, Boston, that matches baseball players and
ESPN talent with real cast members of the ABC soap, One Life to Live.
To make this fantasy realistic, the spots were filmed on the set of the
show and directed by its executive producer, Frank Valentini.
A 30-second spot will break March 3 on ESPN, then air
on all sister networks. Eight other spots, filmed as Webisodes, will
air at Endlessdrama.com. They come with such soapy titles as "Caught
Cheatin’" and "Bed Ridden." Athletes include Jorge Posada, Chase Utley,
Torii Hunter and Hanley Ramirez.
For more, follow along at www.endlessdrama.com.
>>The Game: From Soap To (ESPN) Nuts; Nike Walks The Walk With CP [Brandweek] via AA and BH
|Jason Radcliff. on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|NZPhilly on Stop blaming Claude Giroux for…|
|MJS on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|galasso2586 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages