Dec 19, 2005, 9:26 AM EDT
The lede in this story is awesome:
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The battle for cheesesteak supremacy — usually
fought with beef, onions and cheese — has moved out of the kitchen and
into the courthouse.
Pat’s King of Steaks, a South Philadelphia institution since the 1930s, is suing Rick’s Steaks for trademark infringement.
Rick’s Steaks took over the spot in Ashburn Alley at Citizens Bank Park which was formerly occupied by Geno’s. In other cheesesteak news, Steve’s Prince of Steaks doesn’t appear to be an option in the Cingular Pavilion at the Wachovia Center any longer.
>>Cousins Feud in Philly Cheesesteak Suit [NYTimes]
Doesn’t the title make you picture two fat Eagles fans wrestling while wearing giant cheesesteak costumes?
|That Guy 895 on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|sumkat on As free agency opens, remember…|
|sumkat on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|financeptycom on Photo Gallery and Tweets: Linc…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return