Jan 6, 2006, 12:43 AM EDT
After news earlier in the week that Tom Heckert had been promoted to the title of GM, news broke Thursday night that Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Childress is set to replace the inept Mike Tice in Minnesota. The consensus around the league and in Philly was that Childress was long overdue a head coaching position in the NFL. Eagles fans will be sad to see him go, but the true effects of the move won’t be clear till next season. The Eagles message board was flooded with disgruntled fans who dread the thought of Marty "I’d like to defer" Mornhinweg taking over Childress’ role. Big Red was the play caller all along, so I don’t see what the big deal is with the change. Who really knows what kind of role an O.C. who doesn’t call the plays has on a team.
The biggest effect of the change in my opinion is that Minnesota could emerge as a legitimate threat in the NFC now that Superbowl Scalper Tice isn’t in the picture anymore and they have a real coach at the helm.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money