Feb 2, 2006, 12:34 AM EST
I’m your typical average white guy, so maybe I have no idea what I am talking about, but wtf is Donovan saying? Black-on-black crime? Go to ESPN’s piece here and watch Donovan talk to Michael Smith.
"It was definitely a slap in the face to me. Because as deep as
people won’t go into it, it was [a] black-on-black crime. I mean, you
have a guy that has been criticized just about all his career and now
the last criticism is that I’m selling out because I don’t run anymore,
by an African-American [J. Whyatt Mondesire, the NAACP chapter
president who ripped McNabb in a column that appeared in the
"And to say if we had Brett Favre,
that could mean that if you had another quarterback of a different
decent or ethnic background, we could be winning. That’s something I
thought about and said, ‘Wow.’ It’s different to say if we had Michael Vick, Daunte Culpepper, Steve McNair, Aaron Brooks, Byron Leftwich. But to go straight to Brett Favre, that slapped me in the face, like what I’ve done and what I set out to do…"
To be honest, I didn’t think once about the fact that Brett Favre was white. Michael Irvin was the guy who brought up Brett Favre in the first place. T.O. just took the bait and ran his mouth with it.
I can’t believe we are still talking about the rift between Terrell and Donovan. I’ve had Donovan’s back through all of this, but I don’t understand why he is lashing out against Owens now? Why didn’t he deal with this when in first came up? Shouldn’t we have moved on from all of this bull shit drama?
What motives did Donovan think Terrell had behind his actions?
"It was money and power. Obviously, with the whole money situation I
have no control over that. That’s between that individual and the
organization. And the whole power situation of being the face of the
team or the recognizable guy — if it’s that he was trying to outdo me
or outdo the organization, whatever — that’s what I felt led to what’s
been going on.
You can’t argue with that really. If we’ve learned anything through all this, if history has taught us anything,
it’s that you can kill anyone it’s that Terrell has huge ego issues and personality flaws. He doesn’t think like the rest of us.
Who knew it all started in a 27-6 win over the Giants in 2004? It’s some interesting stuff, but perhaps the line T.O. will hate to read the most is when Donovan says, "I brought you here for a reason, for people to understand the chemistry
that we have and the things we can do, which will lead us to winning a
My take: I’m not giving up on Donovan, after all it’s in Donovan we trust, right? Terrell Owens is certifiable, but why is Donovan firing back now? And what good will it do? Why now? I’m sticking with Donovan; fickle Philly fans forget he was off to an MVP caliber season this year before getting injured. He’s taken a whole lot of unwarranted criticism over the years, more than any athlete I can think of.
The bottom line: Donovan’s feelings are hurt. I just hope he can get over it and get the Birds to Miami.
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages