May 17, 2005, 10:47 PM EDT
It was less than 10 days ago when I was sitting in the bleachers at Wrigley listening to Sid taunt Bobby A. for only having 3 HRs. Bobby proceeded to go yard that day and when he did, Sid booed.
Since that Sunday game at Wrigley, Bobby has been nothing short of an MVP with a bat in his hands. You don’t have to like Bobby Abreu, but you can’t argue with the fact that his recent hitting surge has been impressive.
The Phillies took the series opener against the Cards but their defense looked horrific. Jimmy Rollins had two errors for the first time in his career.
Ryan Howard finally went yard, hopefully this will help him get things going and allow him to stay in the line up once Thome comes back to DH.
Corey Lidle pitched well and the bullpen held on, but Billy Wagner has seemed very human in his recent appearances.
Everyone’s favorite presidential candidate Pedro from Napolean Dynamite was in attendance, he had a microphone at one point and screemed, "I love Philadelphia!!!" to cheers. Larry Anderson was sporting a Vote for Pedro tee shirt.
Pedro singing "Take me out to the ballgame" Picture from Yahoo.
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money