May 17, 2005, 10:47 PM EST
It was less than 10 days ago when I was sitting in the bleachers at Wrigley listening to Sid taunt Bobby A. for only having 3 HRs. Bobby proceeded to go yard that day and when he did, Sid booed.
Since that Sunday game at Wrigley, Bobby has been nothing short of an MVP with a bat in his hands. You don’t have to like Bobby Abreu, but you can’t argue with the fact that his recent hitting surge has been impressive.
The Phillies took the series opener against the Cards but their defense looked horrific. Jimmy Rollins had two errors for the first time in his career.
Ryan Howard finally went yard, hopefully this will help him get things going and allow him to stay in the line up once Thome comes back to DH.
Corey Lidle pitched well and the bullpen held on, but Billy Wagner has seemed very human in his recent appearances.
Everyone’s favorite presidential candidate Pedro from Napolean Dynamite was in attendance, he had a microphone at one point and screemed, "I love Philadelphia!!!" to cheers. Larry Anderson was sporting a Vote for Pedro tee shirt.
Pedro singing "Take me out to the ballgame" Picture from Yahoo.
|psudrozz on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|The Bees Knees on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|Joe B on Photos: Temple Basketball will…|
|GregL190 on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages