Sep 15, 2011, 4:42 PM EST
With the lockout in full effect, the Sixers and their website have to fill the need for content somehow. Luckily for us, they’re running a series of alumni interviews with some fan favorites from over the years.
First, a few random facts from my childhood. I was into collecting sports cards. For some reason I was more into basketball and football cards rather than the traditional baseball cards. I had baseball cards too, but not nearly as many.
There were two players whose cards I stock piled for reasons not entirely clear. No. 1 on my list of cards was legendary Detroit Lion RB Barry Sanders — perhaps my favorite athlete as a kid. I had over 200 of his cards, including the coveted 1989 Score rookie.
But No. 2 on my list was a little bit stranger. For reasons I’m not at all sure of to this day, I had upwards of 100-125 Clarence Weatherspoon cards.
And with that, here’s a highlight from the Sixers’ Q&A:
S.C:Did you ever hang out with Brett Farve while you were both at Southern Miss?
CR: We lived in the same dorm; Van Hall was the
athletic dorm so we had meal tables there for training. We always had
great sports programs. Southern Miss is a school that can produce great
football, baseball and basketball players.
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Cuban on We’re comparing Michael…|
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages