Jan 11, 2011, 11:38 AM EDT
When the NHL All-Star ballots were released, we were annoyed that Claude Giroux was omitted. Between then and now, G has not only made the All-Star game, he's the only Flyer with that distinction so far. The Flyers' amazing depth at the forward positions were likely what led to his snub, then ultimately the reason he was the only Flyer to be named. Five forwards have 25 points or more, and the fact that the Flyers have seen two different goalies get 17 or more starts likely bumped both of those guys out. Chris Pronger, who was among the leading vote getters for defensemen, has been sidelined due to injury.
While they may be under represented in the player department, Peter Laviolette will be one of the coaches for the game down in Raleigh.
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|BS Bully on Ryan Howard Needs Surgery for…|
|Franchise on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return