Jan 11, 2011, 11:38 AM EDT
When the NHL All-Star ballots were released, we were annoyed that Claude Giroux was omitted. Between then and now, G has not only made the All-Star game, he's the only Flyer with that distinction so far. The Flyers' amazing depth at the forward positions were likely what led to his snub, then ultimately the reason he was the only Flyer to be named. Five forwards have 25 points or more, and the fact that the Flyers have seen two different goalies get 17 or more starts likely bumped both of those guys out. Chris Pronger, who was among the leading vote getters for defensemen, has been sidelined due to injury.
While they may be under represented in the player department, Peter Laviolette will be one of the coaches for the game down in Raleigh.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money