Feb 21, 2006, 5:10 PM EST
The Phillies have traded 40-year-old bench bat Jeff Conine to the Reds for two minor leaugers and a bag of used equipment. I’m not quite sure what the reasoning is on this one. He didn’t cost much, and if the team is building a contender for this year, I’d rather have a seasoned veteran than two guys who won’t see big league time for a while (at best). Here’s what United Press had to say about your new Phils:
Moran is returning the Phillies organization that traded him to
Cincinnati in 2004. He hit .328 while splitting time between the
Single-A and Double-A levels last season.
Key hit .220 in 42 Single A games last season.
Conine’s Canines were not available for comment.
Sixers update: Joe Juliano of the Inquirer reports that the team has talked to Larry Brown about returning as an advisor. I liked Brown when he was here, but having a Hall of Fame coach sitting in the owner’s box and Mo Cheeks calling X’s and O’s doesn’t make much sense, so either they’re just letting Brown keep his contacts hot while he’s in the job hunt, or the brass’s confidence in Mo is wavering.
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return