Feb 21, 2006, 5:10 PM EST
The Phillies have traded 40-year-old bench bat Jeff Conine to the Reds for two minor leaugers and a bag of used equipment. I’m not quite sure what the reasoning is on this one. He didn’t cost much, and if the team is building a contender for this year, I’d rather have a seasoned veteran than two guys who won’t see big league time for a while (at best). Here’s what United Press had to say about your new Phils:
Moran is returning the Phillies organization that traded him to
Cincinnati in 2004. He hit .328 while splitting time between the
Single-A and Double-A levels last season.
Key hit .220 in 42 Single A games last season.
Conine’s Canines were not available for comment.
Sixers update: Joe Juliano of the Inquirer reports that the team has talked to Larry Brown about returning as an advisor. I liked Brown when he was here, but having a Hall of Fame coach sitting in the owner’s box and Mo Cheeks calling X’s and O’s doesn’t make much sense, so either they’re just letting Brown keep his contacts hot while he’s in the job hunt, or the brass’s confidence in Mo is wavering.
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|AJockStrapFeely on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|luke jenkins on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages