Feb 26, 2007, 10:26 AM EDT
I’ve ragged on Bill Conlin in the past for his loquacious style of verbal masturbation — which is often the case — but this morning he puts out a nice little piece in which he shares a Tim McCarver story I got a kick out of and had never heard in the past. That’s what I think a good columnist should do: find little gems like that and share them with the rest of us.
One other noteworthy story today involves a pitching prospect, Jake Ociesa, getting a chance because of Google. Kinda, sorta.
|jpeezo on The five best/worst tweets abo…|
|Tim Allen / FlipperP… on The five best/worst tweets abo…|
|2sentz on The five best/worst tweets abo…|
|Enrico Campitelli Jr… on The five best/worst tweets abo…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money