Jan 21, 2010, 2:18 PM EDT
Flyers fans can easily recall the day Ian Laperriere lost several teeth after being struck directly in the mouth with a slap shot. His mug has taken its share of elbows, shoulders, and pucks through the years, but that one was about as destructive as it gets.
True to form, he was back on the ice soon after, at first sporting a facemask, but it wasn't long before he ditched that as well. In post game interviews, his missing teeth are apparent, and he was just about to get his new ones. That is, before somebody STOLE THEM. His false teeth, tailor-molded for exactly his unique mouth… um… needs, which few but he could boast. More from Tim Panaccio here.
Although it hasn't affected him on the ice (I for one would have retired and never left the house after taking a shot like that, or at least be wearing this), his missing teeth have caused a few words to be removed from the scripts of his endorsement appearances. Just look at the outtakes of his most recent commercial shooting, after the jump.
HE CAN'T SAY 'PHILADELPHIA.' ARE YOU HAPPY NOW, TEETH THEIFS?
I'm really hoping this wasn't an elaborate in-game advertisement for The Rock's latest film.
|Rob on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|al on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money