Apr 25, 2012, 5:49 PM EST
The ninth-seeded Milwaukee Bucks’ expected push to edge the Sixers out
of the Eastern Conference playoff race never quite materialized—they’re a
full three games out with just two games to go, and more common
parlance could consider them “eliminated” from the playoffs—and so
tonight’s game between the two teams is going to be considerably less
epic than it could have been. It’s a little frustrating, since many of
us wouldn’t have minded the chance for the Bucks to save us from having
to watch this team get slaughtered in the first round of the playoffs
(and get us a better draft pick in the process), but their fans were
probably hoping they wouldn’t do so, for the same reason.
be losers, I suppose.
Anyway, there are worse fates than getting to watch your team play in
the post-season, and the Sixers’ game tonight is still meaningful in
determining who they will face in the first round.
that respect, we’d probably rather the Sixers not do all that well,
since winning too many (any?) of the remaining games could result in
them edging the Knicks (who play the Clippers tonight) for the
seventh-seed and thus facing the Miami Heat in the first round, rather
than the much-more-favorable (though still formidable) matchup of the
Chicago Bulls. To that end, the Sixers are resting basically everyone
tonight—Lou Williams, Elton Brand, Andre Iguodala and Thaddeus Young
will all be riding the pine, meaning that grizzled 24-year-old Jodie
Meeks will be the elder statesmen in the starting lineup tonight, along
with Lavoy Allen, Spencer Hawes, Evan Turner and Jrue Holiday, the
latter of whom will get the day off tomorrow.
POST-SEASON OR WHAT??
8:00 tip from the Bradley Center in Brewtown. It’s been a confusing
month or so for Sixers fans that isn’t getting any clearer anytime soon.
Spencer Hawes recently. “But to be righting the ship in time for the
playoffs feels good.” Whatever you say, Spence.
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages