Apr 15, 2008, 12:15 PM EST
Curt Schilling’s shoulder surgeon, Dr. Craig Morgan, was a guest on ESPN 950 with Mike Missanelli to talk about the former Phillie’s shoulder issues. Apparently Curt and the Red Sox don’t exactly agree on the proper solution to his aching arm. Schilling and his surgeon think that a crazy-sounding procedure in which he takes out the whole bicep tendon and moves it below his shoulder would be best. The Red Sox would like Schil to simply rehab and deal with a few cortisone shots here and there instead of going surgical.
The big deal about all of this, besides Schilling’s surgeon being as loony as Curt, is that the Red Sox get the final say in which path Schilling takes. If he were to get the operation against the team’s wishes it would void his $10 million contract with the Red Sox.
How does Curt feel about the Red Sox trying to tell him what to do? He’s not too keen on the idea. His surgeon drops this bomb, "It’s entirely conceivable that he will have the operation, rehab, and pitch for the Yankees next year. That’s what he wants to do."
How do you like them apples? The problem with Schilling’s brilliant evil plan to pitch for the Yanks, in my opinion, is that a 41 year-old coming off some crazy surgery is usually the kind of pitcher the Red Sox would love to face.
Listen to the entire interview with the self described "out there" surgeon here. [SR950]
UPDATE: His surgeon appears to be way off base. [Boston.com]
|ken bartlett on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|CantStanzaYa on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages