Aug 20, 2008, 1:49 PM EST
For the third time in four years, a member of the Eagles offense has been hit with the dreaded sports hernia. According to Comcast, Kevin Curtis is the latest to come down with the injury and will require surgery. Andy Reid was uncertain when the wide receiver will be able to return.
This is potentially a huge blow to the offense, especially while Reggie Brown is out with a strained hamstring. DeSean Jackson has looked excellent in the preseason, but they obviously were not counting on pressing the rookie into a situation where he must potentially play a key role in the offense. With Curtis out for an extended period of time, and uncertainty swirling around Brown, the team has limited options.
There’s been talk in recent days that Anquan Boldin continues to show
his displeasure with Arizona and is now demanding a trade. Despite the
sudden rash of health problems, don’t expect the Eagles to make a big
move for the disgruntled wide out. The Cardinals spent their first
round pick on a cornerback and are happy with Rod Hood, so Lito and his
contract demands are not a good bargaining chip, and the team is
unlikely to overpay to the tune of one of their two firsts for another financially frustrated player.
So who will step up? If Reggie Brown can get back on the field, he has
the potential to have his best season yet, and I expect Jason Avant to
see his biggest opportunity to date. Most of all, the Eagles now hope Jackson can have an impact starting from day 1.
|2sentz on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|ken bartlett on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages