May 17, 2005, 10:32 AM EDT
I was never really sold on Webber, and after seeing his performance as the highest paid athlete in the city I was even less thrilled about him. But I really like his comments regarding the report that broke yesterday saying he couldn’t play with AI and he wanted out of Philly. Webber denied saying either of those things and he blamed himself for his performance…something very rare among multi-millionare athletes these days. He said he wants to come into training camp in "tip-top" shape and show this town what he can do.
"I’m telling you I never said that b.s. about A.I.," Webber said vehemently over and over again, adding that he already had called Iverson. "I love A.I. I love being back East. I’ve got no problems with Allen and I don’t know where the hell anybody got that from.
"I have a problem with me. I’ve got a problem with the fact that I can’t run the way I used to, that my legs aren’t as strong as they need to be, that my game isn’t where it needs to be for me to be what I used to be. And that’s what I’m determined to work on."
I know its a long way before the sixers start playing again, but at least the #2 star on this Philly team is saying the right things to start the off-season.
Here is a link to the story from the Philadelphia Inquirer.
|Mostel on Union have real chance to make…|
|willh888 on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|Lol on Andrew MacDonald’s contract pa…|
|RightMeow on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money