Feb 15, 2005, 9:14 AM EST
Sam Donnellon makes some good points about Freddie, but the main point that I disagree with is a point he doesn’t really make. If we send FredEx packing, we have to bring in someone to replace him. I’m not talking about Billy McMullen either, if we let Freddie go or deal him, we need to bring in a legitimate receiver to be #2. Pinky can think he is #2 all he wants, but he is not a number 2.
Who needs this, right? Who needs a guy who caught one pass in the Super Bowl, for a measly 11 yards? Who needs a guy popping off like this every week, a guy who seeks controversy as if he’s a drive-time sports radio show host?
You need him, that’s who.
Unless you have a better backup plan.
Because that’s what Mitchell has become. A nice backup plan. It was nice to have those five catches of his in the playoff game against Minnesota when T.O. was still working on his miracle. Remember Freddie-on-the-spot in that game, wrapping up L.J. Smith’s fumble into the end zone for a touchdown?
|sfsu on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|sfsu on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|The Bees Knees on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages