Feb 20, 2006, 5:31 PM EDT
The Big Lead has an interesting post with a letter to them from David Aldridge who says ESPN claimed a scoop on the A.I. trade after the Inquirer had already reported the deal:
I’m a big fan of your site. Enjoy it very much. And I feel funny doing this, but I have to protect my paper and myself.
The Philadelphia Inquirer broke the story about [Tuesday’s] trade. I
should know, because I wrote it. It was on our site about 10 minutes
before ESPN “broke” it.
I don’t expect everyone to read every website every minute of the day,
and the Four-Letter is ubiquitous, so people almost always see it
first. But in this case, they weren’t first. We were.
I hope you can make the appropriate correction.
Check out The Big Lead for more context. I’ll support the Inqy whenever possible. Plus, PA is a much better state abbreviation than CT.
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return