Sep 7, 2008, 10:00 AM EST
A nice lede from a great article by Bob Brookover this morning titled “Jackson: Ego, Bravado, Talent.”
Talk to DeSean Jackson long enough and you begin to wonder if one day his head will be so big that it will no longer fit inside that giant green inflatable helmet he’ll run through this afternoon before the Eagles’ season opener against the St. Louis Rams.
Ask him if he’s better than Rams rookie Donnie Avery, who was the first receiver taken in this year’s draft, and he doesn’t hesitate with his answer.
“Come on, man,” the Eagles’ rookie said after Thursday’s practice. “No disrespect to him, but I’m putting myself up there as the best.
Love the guys confidence. I think most Eagles fans can’t wait to see this guy make some plays. Let’s hope he backs up his talk on the field. He’ll certainly get his chance today.
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages