Jan 24, 2006, 2:02 AM EST
Warren Sapp doesn’t like to eat on road trips. He’s scared that the food served to him will be tampered with and he sites examples of it being done in the past.
He pointed specifically to three incidents: Before the NFC
Championship Game in Philadelphia at the end of the 2002 season, which
the Bucs won en route to the Super Bowl title; before a divisional
playoff game at Green Bay in January 1998; and at New Orleans, where
the Bucs played a game during the 1998 season.
"I know it’s real, especially in Philly, come on," said Sapp, long an unpopular figure in the NFL for his play and his mouth.
I wouldn’t doubt that some fanatical Eagles fans working at hotels in Philly messed with Tampa before the NFC Championship game but going as far as poisoning food? Okay, maybe Philly is that nuts. I like how he gets creative and orders food to a different room under a fake name.
>>Sapp insists food was tampered with on road trips [ESPN]
|erzug on Video: Sean Couturier is too m…|
|Alex s on Are the 2013 Philadelphia Eagl…|
|steve wilson on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|drew on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages