Jan 24, 2006, 2:02 AM EST
Warren Sapp doesn’t like to eat on road trips. He’s scared that the food served to him will be tampered with and he sites examples of it being done in the past.
He pointed specifically to three incidents: Before the NFC
Championship Game in Philadelphia at the end of the 2002 season, which
the Bucs won en route to the Super Bowl title; before a divisional
playoff game at Green Bay in January 1998; and at New Orleans, where
the Bucs played a game during the 1998 season.
"I know it’s real, especially in Philly, come on," said Sapp, long an unpopular figure in the NFL for his play and his mouth.
I wouldn’t doubt that some fanatical Eagles fans working at hotels in Philly messed with Tampa before the NFC Championship game but going as far as poisoning food? Okay, maybe Philly is that nuts. I like how he gets creative and orders food to a different room under a fake name.
>>Sapp insists food was tampered with on road trips [ESPN]
|Bonsai Steve on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|Nick Russo on 3 Stars: Giroux, Voracek pace…|
|Steve on Adrian Peterson thinks Mike Vi…|
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return