May 9, 2007, 7:44 AM EST
Donovan McNabb finally broke his silence yesterday, addressing the media and offering his feelings on the Eagles’ selection of Kevin Kolb with their first pick. Like the rest of us, it was a WTF moment for 5, and he had no idea what to make of it. He seems to be dealing with it well tough, at least publicly, but his appearances yesterday were not set up by the Eagles, who generally handle this type of thing. This might be an indication that the two sides are pulling apart for the first time, and maybe we’ll see Donovan play with a chip on his shoulder in ’07. Who knows, it could end up benefiting his game to have someone waiting to jump in. It’s not that his game needs much help–the concern with McNabb is injury, not ability. But it will be good to see him playing like he’s in a contract year.
It doesn’t seem as though things will be awkward between the starter and the newcomer, with McNabb saying he looks forward to working with Kolb and helping him get started. Of course, he’d rather Kolb doesn’t see much PT over the next half decade, as Les Bowen reports:
Asked if he expected Kolb would sit for 4 or 5 years until McNabb, 30,
is ready to retire, McNabb joked: "If it’s up to me he will."
What kind of advice do you think he’ll be offering? "Kevin, you have to get used to the seven-step drop," "When in doubt, throw it to Matt Schoebel," etc.?
>>McNabb: I’m not upset over draft pick [The Inquirer]
|Steve on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Marvin Monroe on The ‘Group of Death…|
|MJS on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|TheDude on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages