Feb 6, 2006, 11:49 AM EDT
We’ve neglected our Wednesday baseball card of the week feature lately but we haven’t abandoned it just yet. A special baseball card post this week featuring Doctor Wax Battle.
Doctor Wax Battle hasn’t exactly been a YouTube phenom, but we hope to propel him into Internet stardom. The Doctor, as he likes to call himself, currently has 98 videos on YouTube. The Doc owns (we presume) a baseball card shop near Tom’s River, New Jersey known as The Backstop. He has a whole cast of characters who appear in his videos from Gil and Fast Eddie to Cowboy Mike. Gil’s back has been bothering him lately.
Mostly they "bust boxes", a term meaning to open up packs of cards, and pimp The Backstop’s smokin hot products. But the Doc doesn’t limit us to just watching box bustin’. You can watch their Soprano’s style meeting, their Godfather style sit down, the Doc’s quest to win an ebay auction for a hideous collectors item, or you can just watch the Doc get that that moppy fro of his cut. His most viewed video is labeled a "PULL OF A LIFETIME." I won’t ruin the surprise on that one. It’s uhn-press-i-dent-ted.
Watching a YouTube video of a random person open a box of cards is highly addicting; the first time you see it, you almost get the thrill of opening a pack of cards yourself.
I’ve surely wasted hours of my life watching Doctor Wax Battle’s videos. Now it’s your turn.
>>The Backstop’s Official Home Page [TheBackstop.net]
|greg on Playoff hockey returns to the…|
|chester on Watch Cliff Lee, who is awesom…|
|chester on It doesn’t matter what w…|
|Fly guy on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money