May 14, 2008, 2:44 PM EDT
Apparently the scene wasn’t pretty last night at Citizens Bank Park. Before the game even started, throngs of undercover police were busting underage kids in the parking lot for drinking adult beverages. Tisk, tisk, kiddies. Then, once the game actually kicked off, mayhem ensued. The Philly Burbs blog writes:
The event was an absolute disgrace and an embarrassment to anyone with
an even an ounce of dignity. I sat in the 200 level and looked up above
to a constant screaming of “Let’s go Mets!” I almost missed Jason
Werth’s heroics as the attention turned back to the area which had now
turned into a food fight. Hot dogs were flying, sodas were thrown. It
was a battle zone up there that never ended.
Now is that Mets thing a typo or were there really New Yorkers causing a ruckus at a Braves game in Philly?
The Phillies ended up winning on the strength of Jayson Werth’s great night at the plate. I missed this one so I can’t really add much commentary. What’d we miss?
Anyway, here’s NBC10′s video of the crackdown via HHR.
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money