Mar 5, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
After breaking out of his early spring slump by notching his first hit of Grapefruit League ball this season, Dom Brown left the game this afternoon to get his right hand looked at by the Phillies medical staff. According to CSN's Jim Salisbury, Brown broke a bone.
Brown has a fractured hook of the hamate bone, says Ruben Amaro. These injuries typically require surgery. Did it on the first swing of game.
Not the start to his season that the youngster was hoping for — Phillies fans either. Looks like the compeition for the starting right fielding job is on hold for now. Ben Francsico should start opening day given that Brown could miss anywhere from a couple of weeks to perhaps two months. More as we hear it.
|2sentz on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Jason R. on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return