Jul 29, 2010, 3:41 PM EST
Roy Oswalt is coming to Philadelphia. The Astros ace was arguably the best available pitcher this trade season once that ex-Phillie got traded to the Rangers. All signs point to Ruben Amaro Jr. pulling off quite a trade with old buddy Ed Wade.
By all accounts, the deal is done. The Phillies will reportedly send JA Happ, OF Anthony Gose, and SS Jonathan Villar to Houston in exchange for Roy Oswalt and a yet-to-be-determined amount of cash. We had previously heard $11 million.
Happ was a tremendous help in getting the Phillies to the 2009 playoffs, but he's basically been a non-factor this season having spent most of it on the DL and rehabbing. Aside from being considered a good guy, his departure isn't all that hard to swallow. Gose is a speedy kid with a lot of upside but the style of player the Phillies seem to have a lot of in their system. Villar is generally unknown to most people who don't closely follow minor league ball for a living.
Oswalt will pitch on Friday night for the Phillies in Washington against the Nationals.
Halladay, Hamels, Oswalt. I just keep saying it over and over.
>>Oswalt to Start Friday [CSN]
Photo by Getty
|ochospantalones on What do the Sixers want with R…|
|Bill L on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charles murphy on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Robert Matthews on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages