Apr 30, 2007, 9:06 AM EST
Eagles fans may be beating a dead horse with the talk surrounding Kevin Kolb, but it’s such a hot topic that we can’t stop thinking about it. As for Kolb as a player, I’d venture to guess that none of us really know very much about the guy. I don’t doubt that he could turn into a great NFL quarterback. Fans didn’t boo Kevin Kolb on draft day, they booed the fact that the Eagles selected a quarterback with their first pick on Saturday.
The NFL draft is full of posturing and misinformation. The Eagles trying to tell us that the Kolb pick had nothing to do with Donovan McNabb is garbage if you ask me. Number five is 30 years old and will turn 31 during the 2007 season. That isn’t exactly old for a QB. I think a safe estimate of when McNabb will hang it up would be between the age of 35 and 37 depending on a number of factors. That means Donovan could play another 5 to 7 years. Do you really use the 36th overall pick on a guy who will sit the bench for that long?
When the Eagles tell us that this has nothing to do with Donovan McNabb, they’re not fooling anybody. The only way the Eagles will ever live this pick down is if Donovan McNabb retires in a couple of years and Kevin Kolb takes over the reigns and is immediately a superstar. Anything else and you’re going to hear many more boos.
Good luck, Kevin. We’re all hoping you make Andy Reid look brilliant. We’re certainly not holding our breath.
Previously: Eagles Select Kevin Kolb.. Kevin Who? [The 700 Level]
|will on Drexel beats Villanova in huuu…|
|hatshop on CAKE CAKE CAKE: What taste bet…|
|Hiccup on Erik Kratz traded for Brad Lin…|
|drew on CAKE CAKE CAKE: What taste bet…|
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Dad Teaches Son Important Lesson by Letting Him Crash Bike Into Tree
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages