Apr 10, 2006, 10:03 AM EDT
It was made known locally a few weeks ago that Darren Daulton had seemingly lost a few of his marbles but now he has taken his metaphysics nationally, appearing on SportsCenter last night and will be making an appearance on HBO’s Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel. From USA Today:
Sad: Darren Daulton, in a new episode of HBO’s Real Sports premiering Tuesday, sets himself up as a punch line for all kinds of jokes. Daulton, who retired in 1997 after 14 seasons as a major league catcher, talks about talking to lizards, his out-of-body experiences and "people here now that are not from this plane of existence" — and his hope of writing a book to share such revelations. But after HBO shows the obvious sadness as Daulton’s ex-wife, Nicole, talks about his "hallucinations" and legal scrapes, you see this is no joke.
This radio piece is about a month old, but I missed it the first time around. They even went at him on the radio where in Tampa they played the Nicole Daulton dating game:
Nicole: “If my husband Darren Daulton talked to aliens and they said the end of the world was coming next week, what’s the one thing you would do?”
Bachelor No. 1 “scored points” for saying he’d find out what makes Nicole happy.
Darren Daulton, a three-time All-Star catcher for the Phillies who retired in 1997 after winning a World Series with the Florida Marlins, lives in the area and presumably was listening in.
The lowest part of the radio game may have been the news that once Dutch found out about it, he encouraged his wife to find a date this way and even volunteered to baby sit their kids.
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|BS Bully on Ryan Howard Needs Surgery for…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return