Jul 30, 2009, 4:28 PM EDT
Scribes may have to think twice when writing "the Eagles murdered the Cowboys 44-6" after angry fans almost killed each other after talking trash about the beating. The gunman, 28-year old Damian Alexander of, who had been on trial for attempted murder in Maryland was acquitted of that charge but was found guilty of first and second degree assault.
Authorities say Alexander fired between two and five rounds from a
shotgun at an SUV that was driving away from his home on the evening of
Dec. 28. Two people were wounded. Prosecutors say Alexander had
arranged for a fist fight with a man in the vehicle but brought a gun
The people in the vehicle had been exchanging taunting text messages
and phone calls with Alexander about that day's game between the Eagles
and Cowboys. Philadelphia won, 44-6, knocking Dallas out of the NFL
The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze.
I'd pay a quarter to have the transcript of the text message taunting going back and forth between these LSRS.
|JOn on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Renee on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|ochospantalones on Tonight: Hollywood Hamels|
|ryanvenson on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money