Feb 11, 2005, 10:32 AM EDT
When the Eagles sent John Welbourn to K.C. last year they expected to get a 4th round pick for him, but there was a clause that stated if he played in over 50% of the plays, the pick would be a 3rd rounder.
The Birds have a plethora of draft picks, I’m willing to bet they will trade their 31st and a later round pick to move up in the first round. Only 10 weeks till the draft!
Link: Philadelphia Eagles.
The Eagles now have nine draft picks. They have at least one in every round except for the sixth round (gone to San Francisco in Terrell Owens/Brandon Whiting deal). They have extra picks in the second round (Miami’s pick via the A.J. Feeley trade), third round (Welbourn) and the fifth round (Washington via the James Thrash trade). The Eagles also expect to receive compensatory draft picks for losing Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor and Duce Staley in free agency last year. The NFL has not yet announced those draft picks.
|BenE. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|MikeD on The Secret Service once threat…|
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money