Mar 28, 2005, 10:20 AM EST
There is a nice little piece today over at Foxsports talking about the Eagles efficiency in recent years at drafting for the future, and not necessarily current need. They use Lito and Mr. Brown as examples to replace Troy and Bobby.
An AFC executive says that by the second year, high draft picks should be impacting the team. I guess we should give up on FredEx by now.
The Eagles have drafted for the future as well as any team in football. Before the 2002 draft, the team had negotiated with cornerbacks Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor, whose contracts were up after the 2003 season, about signing contract extensions. The Eagles got the impression that neither would be easy to sign. So the team chose to draft cornerbacks Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown in the first and second rounds. Vincent and Taylor left the team as free agents after the 2003 season, and Sheppard and Brown became solid starters last season. Last year, the Eagles picked Shawn Andrews in the first round. They played him at guard in 2004 before he broke his leg, but the grand plan is for him to succeed Jon Runyan at right tackle, probably after this season, when Runyan’s contract expires.
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|wheeeeeeee.com on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages