Feb 10, 2005, 6:11 PM EDT
As Howard Eskin and PE.com is reporting, today the Eagles placed the franchise tag on Defensive Tackle Corey Simon. This means if another team wants to sign him, they must give up two first round draft picks to the Eagles. The Birds would also have seven days to match any offer. If no one offers Simon a contract the Eagles would then re-sign him to a one year deal at a cost of the average of the top five D Tackles in football or around about 5.5 million.
In Phillies news, they avoided arbitration with All World CF Jason Micheals for a reported $850,000. Man what a crappy center fielder, and he makes 850 Gs. Wow.
|mslavick on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|Jim on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|philsoc8 on Yeah, the Union should’v…|
|oshihidra on Yeah, the Union should’v…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return