Feb 15, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
It's DeSean Jackson's turn. After a 210 yard receiving night which broke the record for most yards with four catches or less in a single game, Jackson became the most recent Eagle to be honored by the NFL this season, winning the NFC's Offensive Player of the Week title. This is the second time in his career he has been recognized for this award.
The accolades are really starting to pile up. Vick has an Offensive Player of the Week and one for the Month of September. Kevin Kolb was an Offensive Player of the Week. David Akers was Special Teams Player of the Month in November. Nate Allen was the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Month in September. Asante Samuel was named one of these, right? Somebody should start keeping better track of these things.
DeSean did not practice today, but he should be a go for Sunday versus the Giants.
In other news, word has come down that rookie Jamar Chaney will start at middle linebacker this week. He filled in against the Cowboys after Stewart Bradley exited, recording a team high seven tackles during the contest. He gets the call over Omar Gaither, who was a rare inactive in Dallas.
It could be considered a minor upset, as it was Gaither who filled in for Bradley when he missed Week 2 with a concussion. Gaither looked a step slow and not overly effective in his lone start, which might explain why Chaney has since supplanted him on the depth chart.
Gaither has experience, and was previously the Eagles' starting middle linebacker back in 2007. I was willing to chalk up his poor performance earlier this season to his recovery from a Lisfranc sprain last season.
But the coaches must have been pleased with the seventh rounder's effort on Sunday. The Cowboys didn't break any long runs while Chaney was in there, although coverage in the middle of the field seemed to take a step back.
Then again, it wasn't real great either when the Lions gashed the Birds' defense for 335 yards through the air. Maybe some new blood isn't such a bad idea.
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return