Feb 23, 2005, 10:40 AM EST
Nothing really happening yet with the Eagles offseason, but this is a pretty good summary of what the team needs to do. In related news, Seatle franchised Shaun Alexander which makes it highly unlikely he will end up with the Eagles. There was some talk that Seatle would consider trading him.
ESPN Insider’s Mel Kiper thinks it is more likely that the Eagles don’t trade down from their #31 draft spot. He thinks at 31 they could get a good receiver like Reggie Brown of Georgia, Mark Clayton of Oklahoma, and Roscoe Parrish of Miami. He also talks about the ‘Cocks Troy Williamson, perhaps the fastest man in the draft ending up an Eagle. He also mentions that if the birds lose Burgess to FA then they may move up in the first round to draft a DE. What the hell ever happend to Jerome McDougle? Does McDougle sound like Mamula?
Ray Diddy was on the morning show today and mentioned he really liked Cinci WR T.J Houshmandzadeh as a potential Eagle at a decent price. He had a real nice year and great potential.
ACTION PLAN: Don’t expect an offseason like the last one when the team signed DE Jevon Kearse and engineered the trade for WR Terrell Owens. This spring may be more suited to re-signing their free agents and perhaps adding a mid-level running back or wide receiver. Although those needs could also be filled through the draft because the team has five day-one picks. Priority one should be to get a new deal for middle linebacker Jeremiah Trotter, whose insertion in the lineup the middle of the season gave the defense an entirely different look. Trotter played for the $535,000 minimum last year. He won’t this year. Next on the list is to come up with a deal for restricted RB Brian Westbrook. The team will tender him at least the first-round tender but might still have to fight off potential suitors. In a perfect world, the two sides will come together on a long-term deal, but this isn’t a perfect world. .
|sw on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Tyler on Vinny Lecavalier to miss at le…|
|willh888 on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|BenE. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages