Jan 16, 2009, 5:17 AM EST
Brian Dawkins, Kurt Warner, and Matt Birk, are the three players up for Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award. Dawkins says, "That's huge. Take a look
at the list of guys who have won that award, and you're going to see
some very upstanding and great character people. They are all very
caring individuals, and the guy who the award is named after is the
embodiment of that. It would be a great honor that I would really
cherish if I'm able to win that."
Jim Johnson's back is hurting and whether he'll coach again from up high on Sunday is a game time decision. Johnson also mentions the likelihood of seeing more Mike Patterson and Brodrick Bunkley than we saw on Turkey Day due to Edgerin James reemergence.
On the crowd noise and whether the roof will be open: "We don't know if the roof is going to be open or closed right now, and
we really don't care," Mornhinweg said. "I think Jamaal [Jackson, the
center] does a good job, and I think Donovan changes it up pretty well,
and so we've been pretty good that way. I think we're one of the top
offenses with lack of penalties . . . Now, all that doesn't matter for
this game; we have to get it done in this game."
On The DL Podcast catches up with Ed Rendell and talks politics but sneaks in a few Eagles/Steelers questions. Listen here. I believe the Gov even discussing that Mayor's Bet crap is premature and stupid. $.02
Jordan Sparks, some American Idol chick I've never heard of, will sing the national anthem on Sunday.
Why would any Philadelphian be a fan of the Cardinals? Tom Tupa and Tecmo Super Bowl, of course.
The Iggles aren't taking the Cards lightly. You can tell many of the players on this team have been here before and know the right things to say. "There is no time for looking past anybody," Brian Dawkins said. "We're
on the road, in hostile environment. We're not looking at that last
game and thinking the same thing is going to happen again. We
understand it's going to be tough to win and we will have to have our
A-game to do it."
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages