Jan 25, 2005, 10:01 AM EST
Disregard 2 posts ago, the game hasn’t been decided yet! Bob Ryan actually agrees with my point that with Donovan McNabb on the field, his team always has the possibility of winning. Other than that he basically says the Eagles are chumps from the "junior conference." More typical New Englander talk. The only difference between Atlanta and Minesota talking up their game and New England.. The Pats have the coaching and players to back it up.
But the real story for Philadelphia is McNabb, who finally won the Big One. Always a class act off the field, he is now a superb, well-rounded, big-play quarterback worthy of immense respect. He gives the Iggles a chance Feb. 6 in Jacksonville. A chance. That’s all, a chance. But the Patriots will be favored to make it three Super Bowls out of four, and why not? I mean, what more does anyone need to know about this team?
There are a whole bunch of good Inquirer articles today. I really enjoyed Dan Rubin’s piece which focuses on the differences between Boston and Philly and demonstrates that the Patriots will always be second in Red Sox Nation. I’ve been saying Boston fans never really care about their football team till they were winning for years. I was up there when NE won their first championship, and their partying was mediocre at best. Even this past summer I questioned a long time Creedon Bostonian whether they would trade in their two Lombardi trophies for one Red Sox championship and he responded instantly "In a heartbeat." Pedro going to the Mets was a bigger story than the Pats beating the Colts in the playoffs. Boston is a baseball town. Philly bleeds green. Period.
Philadelphians "live in a real city with real attractions, not an overblown college town adjacent to a set of nutty neighborhoods which no one has left for the past 100 years. We are sophisticated. Bostonians are just lucky to be in the midst of sophistication – but they are not part of it.
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages