Jan 25, 2005, 10:01 AM EDT
Disregard 2 posts ago, the game hasn’t been decided yet! Bob Ryan actually agrees with my point that with Donovan McNabb on the field, his team always has the possibility of winning. Other than that he basically says the Eagles are chumps from the "junior conference." More typical New Englander talk. The only difference between Atlanta and Minesota talking up their game and New England.. The Pats have the coaching and players to back it up.
But the real story for Philadelphia is McNabb, who finally won the Big One. Always a class act off the field, he is now a superb, well-rounded, big-play quarterback worthy of immense respect. He gives the Iggles a chance Feb. 6 in Jacksonville. A chance. That’s all, a chance. But the Patriots will be favored to make it three Super Bowls out of four, and why not? I mean, what more does anyone need to know about this team?
There are a whole bunch of good Inquirer articles today. I really enjoyed Dan Rubin’s piece which focuses on the differences between Boston and Philly and demonstrates that the Patriots will always be second in Red Sox Nation. I’ve been saying Boston fans never really care about their football team till they were winning for years. I was up there when NE won their first championship, and their partying was mediocre at best. Even this past summer I questioned a long time Creedon Bostonian whether they would trade in their two Lombardi trophies for one Red Sox championship and he responded instantly "In a heartbeat." Pedro going to the Mets was a bigger story than the Pats beating the Colts in the playoffs. Boston is a baseball town. Philly bleeds green. Period.
Philadelphians "live in a real city with real attractions, not an overblown college town adjacent to a set of nutty neighborhoods which no one has left for the past 100 years. We are sophisticated. Bostonians are just lucky to be in the midst of sophistication – but they are not part of it.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money