Jul 10, 2008, 2:50 PM EDT
After seeing the throwback jersey Elton Brand was sporting yesterday when introduced as the newest Sixer, we got to wondering which jersey he was wearing and whether it would be a staple on the Sixers this season. The Sixers PR people set us straight.
Elton was wearing and presented with the
throwback jersey and uniform that we wore last year as part of the league’s
Hardwood Classics nights.
It is a uniform that the team has worn in
the past, most recently and most often last year, and will continue to do so
for some games this season.
The old school block letters spelling "Sixers" on the front is reminiscent of Sir Charles days in Philadelphia. Hopefully, Mr. Brand can bring back some of those big man glory days for the Sixers.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money