Jul 10, 2008, 2:50 PM EDT
After seeing the throwback jersey Elton Brand was sporting yesterday when introduced as the newest Sixer, we got to wondering which jersey he was wearing and whether it would be a staple on the Sixers this season. The Sixers PR people set us straight.
Elton was wearing and presented with the
throwback jersey and uniform that we wore last year as part of the league’s
Hardwood Classics nights.
It is a uniform that the team has worn in
the past, most recently and most often last year, and will continue to do so
for some games this season.
The old school block letters spelling "Sixers" on the front is reminiscent of Sir Charles days in Philadelphia. Hopefully, Mr. Brand can bring back some of those big man glory days for the Sixers.
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return