Jul 10, 2008, 2:50 PM EST
After seeing the throwback jersey Elton Brand was sporting yesterday when introduced as the newest Sixer, we got to wondering which jersey he was wearing and whether it would be a staple on the Sixers this season. The Sixers PR people set us straight.
Elton was wearing and presented with the
throwback jersey and uniform that we wore last year as part of the league’s
Hardwood Classics nights.
It is a uniform that the team has worn in
the past, most recently and most often last year, and will continue to do so
for some games this season.
The old school block letters spelling "Sixers" on the front is reminiscent of Sir Charles days in Philadelphia. Hopefully, Mr. Brand can bring back some of those big man glory days for the Sixers.
|yishmeister on Is Nate Allen good now, part o…|
|2sentz on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|BenE. on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|chuck on CAKE CAKE CAKE: What taste bet…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages