Feb 9, 2009, 1:25 PM EDT
You may best remember Eric Bruntlett for his home run in game two of the 2008 World Series or his ability to throw me a ball at game four but did you know he's an avid fisherman?
The Phillies utility man was kind enough to join the folks at TackleTour.com for a day on Clear Lake in California.
With spring training just a few days away, Eric is likely squeezing in as much time on the lake as he can get.
As Charlie Manuel's love of golf suffers during the season, Bruntlett's fishing time takes a hit due to baseball as well.
and get a day of fishing in now and again during the season but the strict
training regimen makes it difficult, and being part of a professional club on
the other side of the country leaves him without his boat or tackle on most
The Tackle Tour report gets all technical fishy jargon if you're into that sort of thing. But it does show off Bruntlett isn't just a scrappy defensive replacement. He can work a jig pretty good too.
I'd recommend Eric hit up my brother Mike and make for the best Philly Area Fishing Report since Dean Ween caught that striper off the jersey shore.
>>Clear Lake with Phillies shortstop Eric Bruntlett [Tackle Tour]
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money