Jan 27, 2005, 7:28 AM EST
If you are subscribed to ESPN Insider you can check out their poll of the "Super 50" most valuable players in the NFL. You can see the top 3 which I copied from the Eagles message board. Donovan is 2, T.O. is 3, BWest is 36, Dawk is 40.
ESPN Insider rated the top 50 players based on individual performance and importance to team- some interesting results… (Westbrook is 36, dawk 40)
By Jeff Reynolds, Pro Football Weekly, The following list of the NFL’s top 50 players is based on two factors, with each counting as half of the equation. The first is how well the individual played in 2004, and the second is his value to his team. With these components in mind, we polled a panel of NFL insiders to name the league’s "Super 50" in ’04. All comments were made on the condition of anonymity.
1. QB Peyton Manning, Colts "The best passing quarterback in the game. A pure passer who has been Marino-like in many of his last 45 games or so and keeps Indianapolis in position to make a real run at a championship."
2. QB Donovan McNabb, Eagles "The prototype modern-day NFL quarterback. His pocket presence, accuracy and arm strength have all improved." … "The big things were losing weight and adding (Terrell) Owens. He was so stiff and muscle-bound because he had to run and took a lot of shots. With Owens, he moved to the pocket."
3. WR Terrell Owens, Eagles "Only disrupted cornerbacks and didn’t rock the boat. Proved that his skills, if a concerted effort is made to feed him the ball, can match almost anyone in the game. When you drop the ball on his hands in man coverage, it’s all over." … "The best playmaking receiver the Eagles have ever had."
|t800m101 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|joe skal on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages