Feb 25, 2012, 1:02 AM EDT
After getting a world record stolen right out from under him earlier in the day, it was with great pleasure we watched Evan Turner show off in the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge on Friday night in Orlando.
Evan teamed up with Sixers legend Charles Barkley to help his squad defeat Team Shaq. ET shot an impressive 8-9 from the field, good for 16 points, and added 11 boards and 7 assists.
Dei Lynam caught up with Turner after the game and asked him about almost reaching a triple double:
would have been cool,” Turner said. “It would have been a great thing,
but we got the win. I don’t know if you know results from past Rising
Star games, but you get to enjoy yourself in the off-season is what you
get. It was cool and I am glad I got to play.”
It was great to see ET have some fun and more than hold his own against the best young talent the league has to offer. Hopefully Andre Iguodala can put in a similar showing on Sunday.
And man, Kyrie Ivring was nice.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money