Aug 24, 2009, 12:44 PM EST
Four days ago, I think we'd have all been happy to be sitting here awaiting the start of the Phillies-Mets series finale with our guys up 2-1 and Cliff Lee facing Bobby Parnell in a day game. It's been a quirky series, with an inside-the-park homer, Pedro's return to Flushing, a fan fight, a goddamn unassisted triple play, and yet another Utley's Corner occurrence, just to name a few.
Bruntlett is back in the lineup today, both to give Jimmy Rollins a rest and to remind the Mets just how much everyone, including the baseball gods, love to see them fail. An unassisted triple play to end the game. Still not over it.
I hate to be presumptuous within earshot of those baseball gods and predict a win here, but I'm feeling good… Cliff Lee is facing Bobby Parnell this afternoon, but as Bruntlett's yin-yang inning showed yesterday, anything is possible in baseball.
You may remember Parnell from such films as The Nine Earned Run Debacle Versus the Braves, which aired August 19th. His previous release, Six Shutout Innings in August, was obviously fictitious and created as propaganda to hearten the futile Jorted Mets resistance. Let's see how he fares against Lee & Co. today…
|J.D. on The Evster’s Guide to Ha…|
|t800m101 on Video: Claude Giroux’s g…|
|Chris c on Everybody is piling on Tony Ro…|
|BenE. on Video: What does the Phanatic…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages