Feb 3, 2005, 2:03 PM EST
This article is alright, but the part about McNabb is pretty money. The title of the article reminds me of T.O.’s shirt yesterday. It said "The (insert Eagle logo) have landed." Anyone know if these are for sale?
The first time I ever wrote the words "Super" and "Bowl" in association with the Eagles was in the summer of 2001 while standing in the 100-degree shade at a high school track in Phoenix. Donovan McNabb hangs there in the summer, and on this day, he was going to run through one of his notoriously bizarre offseason workouts. The rest of the athletes had been warming up and stretching for 15 minutes preparing for the grueling workout when McNabb pulled up in his black Mercedes. He sprang out of his car, smiled that trademark grin of his, cinched up his shoes and joined in without even a single toe-touch.
Even with a few extra offseason pounds around his waist, McNabb then proceeded to, rather effortlessly I might add, crush every single competitor in every single drill while mercilessly cracking on anyone who stepped into his line of vision, including myself.
McNabb dropped back with a bungee cord attached to his waist and threw a perfect 50-yard bomb. He ran sprints in sand. He walked on a balance beam. And when trainers tossed rubber dog toys (honest) at him to work on his reflexes he snagged every single one yelling, "Look at me, I’m Derek Jeter!" Afterward, he sipped Gatorade in the shade and quietly told me all he wanted to be was the best. And long ago his dad, Sam, had taught him the only way to do that was to outwork everybody.
That’s when I wrote it. McNabb. Super. Bowl. It was only a matter of time.
|Tom on The ‘Group of Death…|
|yishmeister on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|clmull on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|kbwcpa on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages