Jul 16, 2005, 4:28 AM EDT
Flutie plans to attend BC: (You may be thinking to yourself, "self, why the hell is this guy who has a website all about Philly sports always posting shit about Boston College?" Well, it is because I like chicken and beer.)
Link to article in the Natick Bulletin. I hear lots of hot chics come from Natick?
He knows what people will be thinking. The name on the back of the Boston College maroon-and-gold jersey — FLUTIE — will stick out. It will evoke memories of the greatest quarterback in the school’s history, its only Heisman Trophy winner. One of the most enduring storybook careers in college sports history.
It could only happen once, right?
So why would Doug Flutie’s nephew, Billy Flutie Jr., accept a scholarship to BC and literally carry the weight of the name on his back? "I’ll always have that pressure of the Flutie name," he says. "But I feel I can create my own name.
Good luck creating your own name buddy, especially if you are a kicker. You might as well just change your name to Yudt.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return