Jan 28, 2011, 9:36 PM EDT
We knew with the the revamped NHL All-Star Game format that things would be a little different this year. Captains picking their sides like on the pond or the playground isn't the most exciting twist, but it sparked more interest and discussion than there's been surrounding the game in years, and now there'll be a little more added intrigue for the Flyers. The club's two All-Stars, Danny Briere and Claude Giroux, who live together by the way, will skate for opposing teams in the game.
The sides were selected by captains Niklas Lidstrom and Eric Staal. In the sixth round, Lidstrom selected Briere. Giroux was picked by Staal in the 13th. Danny brings home the first-picked bragging rights, but we'll have to wait until the game itself to see if one of the two distinguishes himself among the elite of the league. Coach Peter Laviolette will coach Briere and the rest of Team Lidstrom. So uh… Who you rooting for, now that the Flyers have been pitted against each other?
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money