May 13, 2008, 5:57 PM EDT
We’ll keep this short since we’re headed to the game tonight, and every road is completely jammed with commuters and Phillies and Flyers fans.
Home ice has meant a ton to both of these teams. The Flyers have only dropped one playoff game at home this year, and the Penguins have only dropped one at all, and it came on the road in New York. The players will no doubt be motivated to get this series to 2-1, and the insanity in the stands will hopefully energize them even more. Down a man for most of the last game, the Flyers were beaten to a lot of pucks due to tired legs and a galvanized Penguins team. With Ryan Parent called up to play tonight, the boots shouldn’t be as heavy, and the energy in the building added to that brink-of-elimination desperation should be all the motivation they need to take a W on home ice.
Without further ado, Stormy. Don’t blame us because our good luck charm happens to not stand for the oppressive nature of clothes.
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
|Chutley on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Mostel on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money