Jan 7, 2010, 8:00 PM EST
Via Sam Carchidi:
Pronger: "Bob got us 3 pts this weekend."
High praise for the Flyers' rookie goalie from their best defenseman and most vocal veteran presence.
The Flyers lost a tough one in DC Sunday, but it took the Caps til OT to get the game-winner, so it was still at 3-point weekend. Not the ideal outcome, and we hate to see it go to Mike Green of all people, but a 6-0-1 streak is still nothing to sneeze at.
Bobrovsky and his counterpart, virginal starter Braden Holtby, each made some big saves to keep two high-powered attacks at bay. Bob had a long night at the office, making 36 saves to earn the praise above by Pronger, on top of his strong play through to keep the Flyers in the game last night.
Perhaps feeling the added gravity of the stage of playing against some of Russia's finest stars, Nikolay Zherdev opened the scoring, another positive sign for the Flyers. Ville Leino put one on the board as well, adding to his impressive campaign by deflecting a huge point shot from Andrej Meszaros. Ville did take a costly penalty in the second though, and that was part of the overall unfortunate storyline for the Flyers.
Both the tying goal by Alexander Semin and the OT game-winner by Green came on the power play, and regulation time ended with the Caps on the man advantage for 4 minutes after Pronger's stick rode up to catch David Steckel in the face and draw a trace amount of blood. Certainly hard to win that way, but the Flyers did manage to kill Pronger's minutes. Unfortunately, with 18 seconds left, Sean O'Donnell was whistled for boarding.
That one would prove fateful, and with a power play in OT, the Capitals were able to capitalize.
The Caps are a great team, one that's tough to face less than 24 hours after the previous contest. All in all though, not a disastrous way to end a great run and head into a few days of recovery.
|Andrew Kulp on The Eagles are in ridiculously…|
|FREE KWAME!!! on The Eagles are in ridiculously…|
|willh888 on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|Matt P. on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages