Mar 16, 2009, 1:04 PM EST
There was some speculation after yesterday's game, from which Braydon Coburn was ejected for "intent to injure," that Coburn would be suspended for the hit. However, it seems the league has thought better of it, according to FlyersOnTheFly, who says that he won't be suspended. Damn right.
Giving him the gate was excessive enough. It was obviously a dumb play by Coburn, who was annoyed after Nik Antropov caught him in the face with his stick on a previous shift, drawing blood but no foul. But anything on top of the steep penalty he was assessed yesterday would be entirely unjustified.
The team also says that Randy Jones, who left yesterday's game with a "hip or groin" injury, will be out at least one week. Danny Syvret has been called up from the Phantoms.
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages